that lift flavor, and open the heart to an emotional experience.
Cantina Tramin embodies the typical features of our land: the charm of nature and its ability to engage the senses, a creative and precise approach to consistent, quality production, and the ability to create a system based on cooperation. Among the oldest and most traditional wineries in Südtirol - Alto Adige, Cantina Tramin is based in Termeno on the Strada del Vino. The owners of the winery are the 300 growers who farm vineyards in the sub-zones of Termeno, Ora, Montagna and Egna – this area, nearly 260 hectares in total, is the cradle of the Gewürztraminer grape. The winery produces an average of 1.8 million bottles per year; approximately 75% of production is for the Italian market, and the remaining 25% is for export, with an annual turnover of 10 million euros. Our wines have been awarded the prestigious Tre Bicchieri twenty times, becoming a 2 star winery (less then 30 in all over Italy), and Cantina Tramin is consistently cited by international food and wine guides as one of Italy’s top quality wineries.
Cantina Tramin operates along the entire value chain: production, vinification and distribution are handled internally by a professional, passionate staff. Nussbaumer Gewurztraminer Tramin is one of the best white wines of Italy, while Stoan, Unterebner Pinot Grigio and Urban Lagrein represent the heart and soul of Südtirol - Alto Adige. These are the labels that best describe the style of the winery and our winemaker, Willi Stürz, named the winemaker of the year in 2004. Cantina Tramin distributes its wines through a network of selected shops and restaurants, where they reach an audience that appreciates and expects careful attention to quality and enjoys the pleasures and complexities of fine wine. Leo Tiefenthaler is the President; Stephan Dezini serves as the Administrative Director; the Technical Director and Winemaker is Willi Stürz; and Wolfgang Klotz is the Marketing & Sales Director.